The Palm Springs Visitors Center - Open Daily 9-5
Official Palm Springs Visitors Center | Location: 2901 North Palm Canyon Drive | Palm Springs Ca 92262
Your first stop arriving in Palm Springs Ca might be the Palm Springs Visitor Center, at 2901 N Palm Canyon Dr., the corner of Tramview Road and N. Palm Canyon (Highway 111), at the second stoplight on the North entrance to Palm Springs California.
Built in 1965, the Palm Springs Visitor Center today attracts more than 125,000 visitors each year. The building is unmistakeable, a Palm Springs landmark designed in the Palm Springs modern architecture style (also a Historic Site) designed by Albert Frey and Robson Chambers, with a hyperbolic metal kite-shaped roof that appears to float above the building against the clear-blue sky.
The Palm Springs visitor center's architecture is stunning and a popular tourist icon itself. This unique building was originally designed for and used as a gas station for more than 20 years. It is designed in the popular Palm Springs modern style that Palm Springs is well known for. The structure was purchased by the City of Palm Springs and in 2003 became the official visitor center location for Palm Springs, Ca.
The Palm Springs Visitors Center location is amidst breathtaking natural beauty. It is nestled at the entrance to Mt. San Jacinto State Park, at the foot of the mountain heading up the magnificent Palm Springs mountains to Palm Springs' famous - and most visited tourist attraction - the Palm Springs Tram Cable Cars.
Friendly, knowledgeable staff and volunteers at the Center can help you plan an unforgettable visit to the Greater Palm Springs area, including:
- Timely vacation availability information for Palm Springs hotels, historic inns and Palm Springs Vacation Rental Homes - Condos & Villas with private pools, plus Palm Springs vacation homes and condos for sale info is available at the Visitor Center.
- Available here is a great selection of maps for seeing the sights and natural beauty, including Palm Springs Area Hiking Trails, bicycle paths, nearby state and national parks, and the many distinct and historic neighborhoods in town, in addition to a complimentary, helpful map of the City of Palm Springs is available.
- You'll find an interactive kiosk featuring and explaining the emblematic Desert Modern "Palm Springs Modern" architecture for which Palm Springs is world renowned.
- Complete Tribal information is available at the Visitor Center provided by the Aqua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, as one-half of the City of Palm Springs land is in fact Tribal-owned reservation land today.
- You can see Palm Springs Tour information for celebrity homes, architectural tours, nature tours, mountain and canyon tours, and neighborhood information for the historic Movie Colony, Old Las Palmas and other areas where Hollywood's famous past and present celebrities owned homes (Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Lucille Ball are examples). You'll also find information about the as "Walk of Stars" in downtown Palm Springs, and the contemporary statues located in downtown Palm Springs Lucille Ball and former Palm Springs mayor Sonny Bono, Cher's late former husband.
- Tips on current happenings and "must do" Palm Springs tourist attractions is available here for visitors to the Palm Springs area, including information about the soothing, luxurious Palm Springs Spas, Palm Springs Shopping, nightlife and exquisite restaurants in Palm Springs, ranging from affordable to upscale fine dining.
- The Palm Springs visitors center also offers a great variety of souvenirs for sale. The Palm Springs Visitors Center offers a wide array of hats, shirts, vintage Palm Springs postcards, gifts and books about Palm Springs, ranging from paperback Palm Springs tourist guides to exquisite coffee table books of photography.
The Palm Springs California Visitor Center - Tourism Information
Official City of Palm Springs California Visitors Center | Address: 2901 N. Palm Canyon Dr. | Palm Springs, CA 92262
Palm Springs Visitors Center Phone: (760)778-8418 Toll free: 1(800)347-7746.
Palm Springs Visitor Center Hours: Open Daily 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism: 277 N Avenida Caballeros. Palm Springs, CA 92262
Contact the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism: (760) 325-6611 or www.VisitPalmSprings.com
Palm Springs Architecture Icon:
First built in 1965 as a gas station, abandoned for most of the 1990s, restored as an art gallery in 2000, the Palm Springs Visitor Center is a popular Palm Springs tourist destination for architectural enthusiasts. The structure was restored and updated for its current use as home for the Palm Springs Visitors Center starting in 2003.
The Palm Springs Visitor Center is open daily, 9 to 5 located at 2901 N Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, California, 92262. Phone: (760)778-8418.
Greater Palm Springs Metro Area
Palm Springs Desert Resorts
Convention & Visitors Bureau
Palm Springs Ca Visitors Information Center (760)778-8418 www.palm-springs.org
The Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce
190 West Amado Rd.
Palm Springs, Ca 92262
Palm Desert Chamber of Commerce & Information Center
Palm Springs Real Estate: Vacation Homes for Sale in Palm Springs - Complete MLS Listings - Homes, Condos - the Palm Springs Metro Area. Public MLS access.
For more information about the Palm Springs Visitors Center: Palm Springs Visitor Center Website
Things to Do in Palm Springs
Ride the Palm Springs Tram - Cable Cars to the mountain top, the most popular Palm Springs tourist attraction!
See Palm Springs Restaurants Local Lists and Reviews for Local Dining Favorites!
Find the best Palm Springs Spa & Massage Locations here!
See Palm Springs Area Golf Courses:Palm Springs Public Golf Courses Open to the Public! Golf courses at low rates.
See Palm Springs Places to Stay Info Palm Springs Places to Stay for Golf Trips! Villas, Pool Homes, Condos!
Get Lucky! View a complete guide to Palm Springs Area Casinos!
Go Hiking! View info and directions for Palm Springs Hiking Trails!
Learn about Palm Springs Real Estate...Palm Springs Area Homes & Condos for Sale - all price ranges.
Tour the Palm Springs Art Museum...Free Admission Thursday evenings 4-8 pm!
Check the Palm Springs Weather...See Monthly Weather Highlights & Average Temperature Info by Time of Year.
Explore the beautiful Palm Springs Visitor Center...Tourist Information - Open Daily.
Looking for a relaxing and spacious place to stay in Palm Springs? Rent a Vacation Home or Condo in Palm Springs Ca - Private Pools! Rent Weekend, Weekly, Monthly, Nightly!
Palm Springs Villa Rentals - click to see Palm Springs Rentals, Private Vacation homes & condos for Rent, listed by size of home, available weekly, monthly, weekend, great for family and group gatherings, holidays, business retreats meetings, seasonal lodging.